Download and Upload ALV Layouts
SAP Professionals, SAP Key User
Free report for downloading and uploading ALV Layouts. The report is available on github.
The SAP standard allows to transport user independent ALV layouts and to copy ALV layouts to another client in the same system.
However it sometimes happens that you can’t transport to the system where the ALV layouts are needed. I haven’t found a solution for this with SAP standard transactions or via business configuration sets. Internet searches returned some coding fragments which only helped to a small degree.
The report is implemented in an old-fashioned way without using any newer ABAP elements in order to support all usual releases of SAP ERP and S/4HANA. I tested it in ERP 6.0 releases with SAP APPL 6.05 and 6.17 and in S/4HANA 2020 with S4CORE 105. Original language is English, with German translation.
- Copy user dependent or independent ALV layouts from one SAP system to another. The systems can have different releases.
- Backup and restore ALV layouts.
- Copy ALV layouts from one report to another, e.g. after copying or renaming a customer development.
Report ZST12_ALV_LAYOUT_UP_DOWNLOAD asks for a report name, a local path name and the choice between download or upload.
Download – Export to local files
All layouts for the report are proposed for download. User dependent layouts are included. You see all existing ALV layouts even if the report uses multiple ALVs with different HANDLE keys.
Field catalog, layout setting, language dependent short texts, sort and filter criteria (if existing) are exported in separate files. The file names are generated automatically.
Upload – Import from local files
The downloaded layouts in the specified folder are proposed for upload to the target report. Source report, source system, layout ID, layout description and download date are automatically determined from file name and content.
- The imported layout overwrites an existing layout without warning
- No consistency check when importing layouts to another report
- No existence check for the user if you import a user dependent layout
- Currently no function to import a user dependent layout to another user
The current version is available on github. You can download it with abapgit, other git clients or manually: